What does my 'Tournament Organiser status' mean?
To ensure we are applying best practice in the areas of safeguarding, and to provide consistently high-quality experiences for our players and parents at sanctioned events, we have introduced some new requirements for tournament organisers from the 2019/20 season. In brief, these require Tournament Organisers to possess the following:
- Valid England Squash membership (of any type)
- Have completed the online Tournament Organiser CPD course (within the past 3 years)
- Have a valid DBS (updated within the past 3 years)
- Have a valid Safeguarding & Protecting Children course (updated within the past 3 years)
- Have agreed to the Tournament Organiser data processing agreement (this is done when accessing the Tournament Organiser dashboard for the first time).
Tournament Organisers can view their tournament organiser status at any time, but visiting their Tournament Organiser dashboard.
In addition, all tournament venues (clubs and facilities) must be affiliated to England Squash at the time of the competition taking place.