How to merge contact record
Sometimes, contacts may be duplicated in the system (for instance, when a user registers with an email address and then at a later stage registers again using their Facebook / Google / Microsoft credentials).
You can clean up your contacts leaving one contact per user - with 'Merge contacts', it's best to do this rather than delete a registered contact as this can cause issues with their login.
You will need to be logged into your Squash Stars account to set up and create your sessions, you can log in here.
1. Go to your admin area on the ClubSpark website.
2. Go to the Contacts Module in the Admin area on the left hand side.
3. Find the two contacts that you wish to merge, and tick the box next to those names.
Note: Only two contacts can be 'merged' at once if more than two contacts are selected the 'merge' button will be greyed out. Clear selections and select the two contacts again.
4. In the top left, select the 'more' button (icon with the three dots) and select 'Merge contacts'.
5. A dialogue box will appear listing the contact details for both of the contacts you have selected to merge (Contact One and Contact Two). A third column shows a preview of the final 'Merged Contact' (see below).
At the bottom of the dialogue box, you have the option to choose which of the details should be kept from either contact record (showing with a Green Yes / Red No radio dial). Your selections will preview in the 'Merged Contact' box to the right of the screen.
By default, the 'registered' login is selected next to 'Use login account' to avoid the member having to repeat their registration process. If both contacts are already registered, then you will need to select one here. Other options to choose are 'Use email address' and 'Use contact details'.
When you have made your selections, tick the box on the bottom left to confirm that you would like to merge these contacts. To finish, click on the blue 'Merge' button. This action is irreversible.
You should then see a confirmation screen.
When you return to your Contacts page, the second contact will no longer be listed and the details that you have selected will be merged into the one contact record.